This session is for faculty who are using Canvas and want to learn more about how to set up the Gradebook and prepare it for end-of-the-semester calculations.
Topics addressed include setting up grading schemes, weighted grades, grade posting policy, assignment groups, creating extra columns, and posting grades to Howdy.
Skip to the downloads, video topics, and related webinars listed below.
24-minute video by Christine Roach & Gerry Pedraza
Canvas Gradebook Video Topics:
- Introduction 00:00
- Arranging & Filtering Columns 01:15
- Sorting Grades within a Column 03:19
- Creating Additional Columns 06:52
- Changing Grade Posting Policies 08:37
- End of the Semester Checklist 11:02
- Grading Schemes 13:27
- Weighting Grades with Assignment Group or Points 14:19
- Step by Step Demo of Setting up Assignment Groups 15:03
- Setting up Weighted Assignment Groups 16:43
- Downloading a Copy of the Gradebook 19:42
- Setting Student Access to Course after semester 20:51
- Submit Grades to Howdy 22:07
- Reviewing the Checklist 22:37
- Resources and Conclusion 23:27
- Canvas Basics (40 min.)
- Canvas Gradebook Basics (24 min.)
- Setting up Quizzes & Exams in Canvas: An Overview (35 min.)
Leave a Reply