Watch (and listen) as our instructional designers and accessibility specialists discuss important accessibility tips and topics. Also, see our Accessibility Series tutorials to learn about creating accessible documents, presentations, and web pages alike!
Skip to any video topic, and see resources mentioned throughout the video. Related webinars and tutorials are also listed below.
25-minute video by Gerry Pedraza and Sandra R. Childers
Accessibility Tips Video Topics:
- Introduction 00:00
- Why is accessibility important? 00:14
- Headings 00:42
- Setting sufficient contrast 02:57
- Image Alt Text 06:22
- Decorative Images 07:05
- Alt Text Guidelines 12:15
- Creating descriptive links on the web & in documents 17:08
- Accessibility Resources 21:11
- Contact eSAIL 24:34
Contact eSAIL at EngrLearnTech@tamu.edu to get help making your documents, presentations, and online courses accessible!
As mentioned in the video, we can also provide an accessible syllabus template to help you get started.
- Alt Text Online
- Alt Text in Word
- Alt Texts: The Ultimate Guide
- Intro to Web Accessibility
- Constructing a POUR Website
- WebAIM’s Contrast Checker
- Creating Accessible Word Documents (WebAIM)
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Presentations (WebAIM)
- IT Accessibility (TAMU)
- Accessibility Tips for PowerPoint (25 min.)
- Canvas Basics (40 min.)
- Content Delivery in an Online Environment (Adding Content to Your Canvas Course) (50 min.)
Leave a Reply